One of the most effective technologies in reducing operation and maintenance costs and construction project overhead costs is augmented reality technology. This technology allows the user to observe and check everything that will be built in a real way and in a one-to-one scale.
In fact, augmented reality technology intelligently recognizes the environment and reveals all the shortcomings of the project to the user. Thus, augmented reality in construction projects is the best tool in project monitoring. In addition, one of the most important platforms for monitoring utility systems is a platform integrated with augmented reality technology. In this platform, it will be possible to view, monitor and control the installation files designed by the employer. After receiving the facility view model from the contractor’s view team, this product is taken for each scope according to the file size of an Android augmented reality output. By using this platform, the installation elements behind the wall, ceiling and floor for maintenance and control, as well as the control of the installation elements designed by the contractor and comparing them according to the execution plans, can be checked in general, and if an item is forgotten, it can be checked. Observed and reported it.
Augmented reality practically provides the user with all the complex processes of assessment and maintenance in the simplest possible way. The advantages of using augmented reality in construction projects can be mentioned as follows:
- Observing, monitoring and controlling the facilities implemented by the contractor and comparing with the plans
- Complete and accurate monitoring of project disciplines
- Viewing the architectural phases of the project
- Setting alarms on all components and parts in the project
- Finding the exact location of installation elements for maintenance
- Significant reduction of maintenance costs in the long term
- Maximum time savings
- Significant savings in construction overhead costs
- No need for highly specialized personnel in monitoring and maintenance units